The rose bowl is a cricket ground and also known as Ageas Bowl. This ground was established as a replacement for previous ground of Hampshire. This ground was established in 2001. The rose bowl was designed by Sir Michael Hopkins. There are designs in the stadium that resembles cricket stadium of Lord’s. The final cost of the stadium is twenty million pounds. The ground is located on a sloping hill resulting in amphitheatre bowl. There is one additional ground situated next to the main ground, which is known as the nursery ground. The ground is having all the facilities. Both day and night matches are hosted by the rose bowl. The ground resembles the crown logo, and the ground is in a bowl shape.
Highlights of the rose bowl
- Address:-bottle Rd, South Hampton, Hampshire S030 3XH, U.K.
- Established in 2001
- The capacity of the stadium is 15,000
- The first match was played in 2001
- url:- http://www.ageasbowl.com/
- World records:-Aaron Finch an Australian opener turn out a world record of 156 runs against England.
There were several other records held on this ground. The ground has hosted several first class cricket matches. In 2001 ECB awarded rose bowl with a youth test match between India and England under nineteen.