This is national stadium that was built for the cricket in Grenada and turned up the 84th location for the Test matches in the year 2002. The first Test match was played between the country of West Indies and New Zealand. This is fast following from a quite basic location to the international matches that turned up about as the portion of the area’s constructed up to in the year 2007 for the World Cup. Also, the place, Grenada profited from the savings or investment.
Be Familiar With The Highlights Of the National Cricket Stadium
- National Cricket Stadium, St Georges, West Indies
- Established in the year 1999
- First ODI match was played between Australia and the West Indies in the year 1999
- The first Test match was played between New Zealand and West Indies in the year 2002
- Seating capacity – 20,000
- Several ODI and Test records held at National Cricket Stadium
The cost of the construction of the stadium is near about $5million that lies contiguous to the athletics and football ground, altered the face of the cricket of Grenada. The existence of the university of St George that is the home for the cricket academy of the West Indies, not only a ground, it has also facilitated push the case of the ground.