The ground is surrounded on two sides by means of the Indian Ocean and the popular clock tower is towering above which is present there from the sixteenth century. This stadium was the most picturesque locations across the world, in anticipation of, it was destroyed with the complete southern shore of the country of Sri Lanka by the dangerous tsunami which occurred in the year 2004. For particular time, the upcoming time of the location was in some disbelief.
Be Familiar With The Highlights Of The Galle International Stadium
- Galle International Stadium, Galle, Sri Lanka
- Established in the year 1876
- First ODI was played between India & Sri Lanka in the 1998
- The first test match was played between New Zealand and Sri Lanka in the 1998
- 35,000 seating capacity
- No world records held at Galle International Stadium
Particularly, provided the opinionated schisms, which had produced at the level of boardroom in the cricket administration in Sri Lanka. But you must be grateful to the international support like luminaries as Shane Warne and Ian Botham, who had brought his 500th Test on this ground of the stadium in the previous that year.a promise was crafted to renovate the stadium, from scratch and must be completed within a time.