The county cricket ground is also known as Nevil Road. Initially this ground is also known as Ashley Down Ground. W.G. Grace bought this ground in 1889 after that it was again sold to J.S. Fry and Sons and renamed Fry’s Ground. In 1993 the club bought stadium back again. In 1976 it was again sold to Royal and Sun Alliance and it was again renamed. Again the club bought the ground and it gained its current title. The home team of the stadium is Gloucestershire County Cricket County.
Highlights of the ground
- Address :-County Ground, Bristol, United Kingdom
- Established in 1889
- First ODI was played in 1983 between Sri Lanka and New Zealand
- Capacity 8,000 and 17,000 for international matches
- URL:- http://www.gloscricket.co.uk/
In 2009 the board of the stadium announced development plan. In 2010 the stadium got green signal by Bristol Council for redevelopment. There are temporary floodlights on the ground for night matches. An announcement has been made that the South Africa is listed to play a test match in the year 2017. Currently the ground is not having too many facilities, but in future likely to see more developments. The ground also reflects ageing.